Process Safety Engineer
We are currently seeking a Process Safety Engineer for one of our clients in the french part of Valais. The contract duration will be 6 month and the start date as soon as possible. The position is mostly on-site, with one day WFH per week.
– Conducting Process Risk Analyses (PHA): You will be responsible for creating and overseeing process risk analyses, which include studies on explosion prevention and protection (ATEX).
– Assessing Technical Modification Requests: You will analyze requests for technical modifications following the change management procedure (MOC).
– Validating Capital Expenditure Project Specifications: Your role includes reviewing and validating specifications for capital expenditure projects (CAPEX).
– Developing Work Instructions for High-Risk Operations: You will draft detailed work instructions for operations that carry a high level of risk.
– Leading Incident Investigations: You will take the lead in investigating and analyzing incidents that occur within the organization.
– Providing Process Safety Expertise: You will offer guidance and expertise in the realm of process safety to the Production, R&D, and Engineering departments. This includes monitoring new productions, providing training, and conducting pre-startup checks.
– Ensuring Regulatory Compliance: Your responsibilities also involve ensuring that the organization adheres to legislation and standards related to process safety.
– Educational Background: You should hold a Master’s degree in chemistry, chemical engineering, or an equivalent field.
– Relevant Experience: A minimum of three years of experience in a similar role within an industrial setting is required.
– Risk Analysis Proficiency: You should possess expertise and experience in conducting various risk analyses such as HAZID, HAZOP, LOPA, etc.
– Effective Communication: Good public relations skills are vital for effective collaboration and communication.
– Language Proficiency: Proficiency in French and good English skills
* Eligible to work in Switzerland (EU/ EFTA nationality or valid work permit for Switzerland)
**Please forward your application should you meet the requirements above – applications that do not meet these requirements will not be considered**
headcount AG is a Zurich-based consultancy serving clients in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical technology, diagnostic, OTC and chemical market segments.