Duration: 6-12 months
Our client, a renowned clinical stage biotech company based in Basel, is seeking an experienced accountant to join their team.
The primary objective of this role is to ensure precise financial reporting and adherence to accounting standards and regulations, enhancing the efficiency of the finance function.
- Managing accounting processes and generating journal entries from source data.
- Processing general ledger journal entries accurately.
- Undertaking submission of monthly financial data from the general ledgers.
- Producing reports analyzing financial data within core finance systems.
- Performing reconciliations of balance sheet and P&L accounts.
- Handling accounting queries from internal and external stakeholders.
- Preparing tax and VAT returns, including reconciliation and payment of invoices.
- Assisting in procurement processes.
- Implementing effective financial controls and resolving accounting issues.
- improving day-to-day procedures and how the work is to be tackled.
- Responsible for planning own workload typically against a backdrop of changing priorities and / or external events for the month ahead.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience.
- Bachelor’s degree and / or relevant professional qualification.
- Strong understanding of finance and accounting principles.
Please apply directly online with your CV.
**Please only apply if you are eligible to work in Switzerland and the EU**